Spanish La Liga giants Atletico Madrid are in danger of securing a place in the round of 16 as far as this season’s UEFA Champions League (UCL) group stage campaign is concerned afterthe defeat to Club Brugge on Tuesday. The 2-0 defeat at the hands of Club Bruggeleft Atletico Madrid with a win and two defeats in Group B.
Immediate past Spanish La Liga champions Atletico Madrid will start their latest league campaign in the top flight at the home of city rivals Getafe. The target for Atletico Madrid is to wrestle the title from city rivals Real Madrid who are also the reigning European champions. It must be pointed out that Atletico Madrid are third favourites for the La Liga title this season behind Barcelona and Real Madrid.
The team, Atletico Madrid is close to an extreme position to Sign-In an excellent alternative to James Rodriguez. They are absolutely ready to Sign-In Rodrigo who is a well known forward from Valencia, according to Marca. As the 28-year-old missed out on his training, it has been finalized that he is set to join the team Atletico Madrid. The deal has been made between Madrid and him for 60 million Euros.
All tabloids have been going agog trying to come up with the hottest clickable links associated with the current best player in the world – Cristiano Ronaldo after he lashed out at the administrative wing of the Galaticos.
The most shocking part of this news though is the speed and manner even reputable news outlets have bought into the Portugal captain’s cryptic cry for help.
For a start, hindsight tells us that players generally develop a leaky mouth once they are outside the confines of their professional clubs. On top of that is the way most players use national calls as an avenue to voice out opinions the media attached to their clubs would never be allowed to air.
A player as brilliant as Ronaldo know all too well that no club in the whole world come close in terms of providing a relatively stress free platform thoroughly made for his sole flourish than Real Madrid. Read More
Diego Simeone has hinted that he might be staying at Atletico Madrid next season.
This is surely great news for Atletico Madrid fans as they will want the highly successful manager to remain with the team.
Indeed Simeone has turned the club around and has made them one of the best in Europe. This season itself they have managed to reach the semi-final of the Champions League only to be eliminated by Real Madrid.
Simeone told the club’s fans that if everything goes well, he will be with them next season and that he will be managing the team in the Audi Cup.
This will be a great news for the fans amidst rumors that the manager might be leaving for Inter Milan during the summer. With the Italian club having sacked their manager, there were rumors that the team might be looking to bring Simeone to Italy. Read More
Manchester United legend Ryan Giggs has said that the club should forget their chase of Real Madrid superstar Gareth Bale, at least in the near future.
Bale left the Premier League for a record fee of £85 million in the summer of 2013. However, Premier League sides have resumed spending record money in markets so they are hoping to lure Bale back.
The 27-year old has been linked with a return to England but to play at Old Trafford. He signed a deal last year that ties him to Santiago Bernabeu until 2022 but reports still linked him with a move away from Madrid.
“He looks happy at Real Madrid. I don’t think he’s going anywhere at the moment. From a fan’s point of view, it would be great to see him back in the Premier League. The United fans would love to see him at Old Trafford.
“You talk about the big clubs and United is up there. While he’s happy there, I can’t see him leaving,” Giggs opined. Read More
Fluminense have extended the contract of goalkeeper Diego Cavalieri by an additional year.
The current contract of the former Liverpool goalkeeper was set to end in the summer of 2018. Now, he will remain at the Brazilian outfit at least until 2019. Cavalieri returned to Brazilian football in 2011 after failing to establish himself as a first-team regular in European football. The 34-year-old went from a promising goalkeeper in the Palmeiras team straight to the Liverpool squad. Regarded as one of the biggest clubs in European football, the move to Anfield hindered the ability of the player to grow since he was largely a backup to then-first choice Pepe Reina.
As a result, he decided to join Italian outfit Cesena in 2010 on a free transfer. He spent only one season in Italy before being drawn back to Brazilian football with Fluminense. Cavalieri has become one of the reliable players for the Brazilian outfit so much so that they have decided to extend the contract of the player even though he is 34. Read More
Atletico Madrid’s good form in the Champions League continued after a 2-1 win over Rostov, but manager Diego Simeone was not completely happy after the game.
Atletico have been one of the best teams in the Champions League this season – at least on a defensive perspective. The goal conceded by the Spanish outfit in the latest group match was the first that they have let in in Europe. After three consecutive clean sheets, the club sit three points ahead of Bayern Munich in the group table. It gives them a massive advantage going into the last two games.
Antoine Griezmann was once again at his brilliant best after scoring twice, but the game could have easily ended in a disappointing home draw had it not been for his late goal. Even though the Frenchman had a given the home team the lead after just 28 minutes,Rostov made it clear that they will not be going down easily. Azmoun came up with an equaliser just after two minutes and the game was evenly poised at the second half. Atletico, though, came up with a valiant effort in the second half which ultimately gave them the deserved goal right at the end of the match.
Atletico Madrid striker said that he wants to be as good as Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi.
He has stated that he wants to work hard in order to improve as a player. He has admitted that he was disappointed with the way last season ended and that he wants to make sure that this one ends up in better ways for him.
Indeed, Atletico Madrid was beaten in the Champions League final last season and Antoine Griezmann said that he was disappointed with the way the final ended. He stated that the team played well throughout the competition and that it was a massive disappointment for them to have been beaten by their bitter rivals. The Atletico Madrid forward said that the team is ready for the new season and that they hope to replicate the same performance as last year.